Together for Families in Cornwall
Location: county wide
Together for Families is a multi-agency programme that aims to engage and support families that experience multiple and complex challenges.
Taking a Whole Family approach, the programme brings together a range of new and existing services that can help families overcome challenges and work towards their own positive outcomes.
The TF programme is expanding into ‘Phase 2’ of delivery which will involve a broadening of the eligibility criteria and a significant increase in the number of eligible families. Cornwall is expected to identify, engage and achieve positive outcomes for 4,050 families between April 2015 and March 2020.
The expanded programme essentials are described by Department of Communities and Local Government (DCLG) as:
- Prioritise the families with multiple problems who are of most concern and highest reactive cost
- Appoint a keyworker/lead worker for each family who manages the family and their problems
- Work towards agreed goals for each family for each of the problems which are shared and jointly owned across local partners
- Are transparent about outcomes, benefits and costs
- Engage in ongoing service reform according to evidence of effectiveness and savings