British Blind Sport
Location: county wide
At British Blind Sport, we help blind and partially sighted people get active and play sport.
Sport and recreational activities can enhance the lives of people with visual impairments, by improving their health and increasing their social interaction. We encourage adults and children to participate in activities at all levels, from grassroots to the Paralympic Games.
What does British Blind Sport offer?
- Organise sporting competitions for people with visual impairments, allowing them to compete against others
- Support people with visual impairments within the sports world
- Provide sight classifications to blind and partially sighted athletes to ensure a fair and equal competition
- Support the education of teachers to ensure no child with visual impairment is denied the opportunity to play
- Provide advice to clubs and coaches to enable more people with visual impairments to participate in sport
Telephone: 01926 424247