Kernow Young Carers
Location: at Helford House, Threemilestone Industrial Estate, Threemilestone, Truro , TR4 9LD
Kernow Carers Service (KCS) provides information and support to help you in your caring role.
This could include:
- advice and guidance offered through the helpline
- the opportunity to meet with a Carer Support Worker
- getting support for you and the person you care for (this could be via a carers assessment)
- information about benefits
- organising someone for you to keep in touch with and talk to
- helping you plan for the future
KCS also organises activities, forums and training with the addition of short breaks and school groups for young carers.
Who is this service for?
We support all informal and unpaid carers in Cornwall:
- young carers (under the age of 18)
- young adult carers (aged 16 – 25)
- adult carers (aged over 25 years)
Kernow Young Carers is an Action for Children project based in Cornwall. We work with children and young people in a caring role.
KYC is funded by Cornwall Council and Cornwall and Isles of Scilly NHS.
Our Facebook page is monitored twice daily during office hours.
If your enquiry is urgent please contact your support worker or call our office on 01872 321 486