About Information & Resources
- The Resource Centre holds a large selection of loan items including: Interactive Games, Models, DVDs, Training Packs, Display Panels and Books plus many more. The loan items can be booked up to 12 months in advance allowing clients flexibility when planning events, lessons etc.
- The Service also holds supply items consisting of leaflets and posters; these items are for clients to keep.
- Some of the areas covered by the Information and Resource Centre include alcohol, smoking, exercise, weight management, health eating, mental health and many more
- We may be able to source PDF's of leaflets or downloadable resources, please contact us for information.
Most of the items available can be dispatched free of charge via the NHS courier service. This service covers the whole of the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly area.
How we can support you:
Health and Social Care
We can supply information on health improvement covering dental, cancer, sun safety, healthy weight, exercise etc. We also hold resources relating to these areas and can loan DVDs with health messages which can be played in waiting areas.
Businesses & Workplaces
The Information and Resource Centre works closely with the Workplace Health Project to ensure our resources are suitable for those businesses keen to develop/improve workplace health. In conjunction with Workplace Health and Mental Health, we have developed a resource specifically designed to address Workplace Stress.
Schools, Colleges, Early Childcare Settings
The Information and Resource Centre has a huge selection of resources designed to be used in a teaching environment. We hold a variety of resources specifically targeted at different key stage groups. Some of which come with ideas on lesson plans along with photocopiable sheets. We also hold a number of interactive resources, which have been a proven success with our clients when engaging with a group.
Self Help & Community Groups, Clubs etc.
For those of you wishing to improve the health of yourself and those in your local community, the Resource Centre has a huge variety of information for self help. From information on healthy eating through to caring for someone with dementia. Our online catalogue has a number of useful websites where additional information can be located.
Keeping our clients informed
The Information and Resource Centre updates its clients via Health Promotion Service quarterly newsletter. It includes articles on:
- Upcoming health events & supporting resources.
- New resources.
- Resources coming soon.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest information bulletins and updates.
We are now unable to accept group visits to the service. However, we may be able to visit your location to discuss our resource service. Please contact us for more information.
Our clients comments count
The Information & Resource Centre is dedicated to service improvement. We value the feedback and comments received from our clients. This feedback is key to ensuring the improvements we make are in line with the needs of our clients.