Blind Children UK
Location: county wide
Blind Children UK is the leading charity for children and young people with sight loss. We offer family, educational and technical support and advice.
We also offer training in mobility and life skills, recreational activities and a range of custom made books for children and young people with sight loss and their families.
Guide Dogs helps children with vision impairments and their families by providing:
- practical help and advice
- educational support
- habilitation (mobility and life skills) training
- large-print books through CustomEyes
- advice on technology and equipment
- family support including early diagnosis support and recreation events for the whole family
- partnering some young people with a guide dog
- partnering some children with a buddy dog, a well-trained companion dog
Contact: Heidi Lyon, Service Delivery - Telephone: 0800 781 1444