Did you know?
Approximately 290,000 working days are lost in the workplace each year due to smoking breaks.
How can we help you?
The Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Stop Smoking Service provides a free service to all workplaces who wish to help employees to stop smoking. This involves Specialist Stop Smoking Advisor coming into the workplace weekly and working with employees either in a group, or on a one-to-one basis. A programme is designed that suits the need of the workplace, and providing all resources and signage free. Planning to work with management and workforce for seven —12 weeks on smoking issues.
The aims of the programme are to:
- Ensure the smoker is ready and motivated to quit;
- Offer support and guidance in selecting the appropriate nicotine replacement or other medication;
- Offer advice, support and encouragement in combating cravings and other difficulties associated with quitting;
- Advise on ways of staying stopped and preventing relapse.
What are the benefits of a workplace programme?
- Workplace stop smoking interventions yield positive economic and health gains for businesses.
- Recent studies show a 30% reduction in workplace sick leave
- The National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) has suggested that employers offer support and encourage employees to participate in a workplace stop smoking workshop.
- Become pro-active in employee health.
- Improved morale.
Did you know?
Over 30,000 smokers have managed to stop smoking for at least four weeks with the help of our free service.
Smokers are four times more likely to succeed in quitting with the help and support of a trained advisor, and medication.
For more information please contact us.
Telephone 01209 313419